Founded in 2017 by entrepreneur Val Yakovchik, MoxieLash specialises in selling first-of-its-kind, innovative magnetic eyelashes and eyeliners that continue to disrupt the beauty industry. Committed to providing superior solutions to makeup enthusiasts everywhere, MoxieLash is beauty without boundaries, strongly grounded in a community of authentic, confident, fierce and total badass humans. Community is at the heart of what MoxieLash does, having built lasting customer loyalty and a community of insiders.
Since its launch, MoxieLash has grown exponentially and has forged a cult following among celebrities, influencers and makeup artists who have become obsessed with the brand’s high-quality products which require minimal effort, yet deliver maximum results.
MoxieLash’s mission is to continue to innovate through pioneering new technology and to empower lives by delivering on the promise to be your last-lash-stop.
On launching, MoxieLash created a lot of buzz within the market, but they soon realised that they had to continue to innovate to keep pace with competitors. They knew attracting customers was only half the battle, and they needed to retain these customers by making them loyal to MoxieLash so they become repeat purchasers.
With this in mind, they tasked the full-service email marketing agency, Kinga Dow, with researching and recommending the best loyalty partner that complimented their business.
Having researched and interviewed various loyalty platforms, Kinga Dow narrowed it down to LoyaltyLion. Ultimately, MoxieLash selected LoyaltyLion as their preferred loyalty partner because of:
- Platform scalability and flexibility that suited the needs of the growing ecommerce store
- Best-in-class integrations including Klaviyo for MoxieLash’s marketing automation needs
- Deep functionality support for Shopify Plus
- High levels of customisation through the platform that was quick and easy to implement
- Excellent customer service with one to one support
MoxieLash worked with Kinga Dow and LoyaltyLion to build an innovative loyalty program that includes:
- An integrated, on-brand loyalty program page with explainers and a dedicated URL
- Program tiers to gamify the loyalty experience and entice customers to purchase, often to unlock tier-specific benefits. These include VIP Early Access for Premium and Prestige members and depending on the level of membership, increasing increments of points awarded on a member’s birthday
- Loyalty emails personalised with loyalty data via an integration with Klaviyo
- Advanced features for Shopify Plus checkout such as Points Slider
- A referral program customised with their branding
Together they agreed on the structure and functionality of their loyalty program and created an email marketing strategy to match.
LoyaltyLion also trained MoxieLash on the management of the loyalty program so they could easily make changes and updates on an ongoing basis.
Regular automated email communication with customers was key to the success of their loyalty program. Loyalty emails were populated with 12 loyalty data points, such as points earned, unique referral URL, and rewards available. These are sent out to customers on a regular basis and in particular with a focus on two segments: loyal customers and unengaged, non-loyal customers.
Using LoyaltyLion in conjunction with Klaviyo has allowed MoxieLash to run and maintain a successful email strategy that drives customer retention and increases customer lifetime value.
In just 12 months, MoxieLash’s loyalty program delivered:
- 1.5x higher average number of orders from loyalty program members than non-members
- 1.5x higher average spend from loyalty program members than non-members
- A 3x higher repeat purchase rate from loyalty program members (first to second purchase)
Over time, MoxieLash has continued to work with LoyaltyLion and Kinga Dow to optimise their approach. A review of the email marketing program led to MoxieLash switching their loyalty emails from adhoc to weekly campaigns. This boosted the completion of loyalty activities from an average of 21,000 to a peak average of 160,000 completed activities.
They are also among the first stores to implement the latest features within LoyaltyLion’s market-leading integration with Klaviyo, which have allowed them to set up the following new triggered email flows:
- A welcome introduction to the Moxie Insider Club
- Post-purchase emails tailored to members and non-members
- Tier upgrade or downgrade notifications
- Monthly reward reminders
- Rewards and points for a Birthday event
A MoxieLash spokesperson said: “LoyaltyLion’s services really set them apart from other loyalty providers. We had expert help and guidance every step of the way, from implementation and onboarding to one-to-one customer support, and continuous optimisation of our program with our dedicated customer success manager.”
Interested in hearing leading global brands discuss subjects like this in person? Find out more about Digital Marketing World Forum (#DMWF) Europe, London, North America, and Singapore.