Snapchat introduces 3V advertising measurement
Snapchat has for the first time partnered with an independent provider to help measure its campaigns ratings in the UK. The company is working with Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings to measure the audiences of its 3V advertising on mobile devices.
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings is the industry standard for measuring digital advertising – reporting a campaign’s total digital audience across devices such as computers, tablets and smartphones using metrics similar to TV.
The 3V ads offered by Snapchat are fullscreen, vertical videos that Snapchat users choose to view within the premium and curated contexts of Snapchat’s Discover feature and Live Stories.
By partnering with Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings Snapchat will be able to demonstrate metrics for its campaigns that are consistent with those seen across TV and digital space including mobile audience reach, frequency, demographic composition and gross ratings points.
Snapchat’s 3V ads represent a unique approach to advertising,” said Steve Hasker, chief operating officer at Nielsen.
“We’re proud that Snapchat has chosen Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for its first foray into standardised campaign measurement and look forward to continued collaboration.”
However Imran Khan, chief strategy officer of Snapchat said it was just the start of a number of partnerships with the company said to be committed to listening to what marketers want and need. “We’re committed to bringing all the major measurement solutions to our platform,” he said.
Snapchat partnered with Nielsen and Millward Brown on US brand lift last year and in February announced Nielsen mDAR, Innovid and Sizmek in the US. In March the company recruited two senior measurement executive from Google and Millward Brown.
- » Beware of shiny new candy: R3 principal Greg Paull on shaping the future of martech
- » Fashion retailers have multi-channel elements in place – but need to accelerate to omnichannel
- » How essential are push notifications today in the modern marketer's arsenal?
- » The fluctuating fortunes of Britbox and Netflix: What does the future of OTT look like for marketers?
- » From A to I – Amazon to interchangeability: A guide to the future of advertising today