Google integrates Shutterstock into Adwords and Adsense
Photo library Shutterstock has announced an API integration and image licencing deal with Google, meaning marketers and advertisers can now assess the impact of an image alongside ad copy.
The partnership gives Adsense, Adwords and Admob access to Shutterstock's more than 90 million licenced images.
When using one of the above products, Google's tech will programmatically match professional images to ad copy and assess the advertisement performance via Shutterstock's API solution.
The API allows Google to test the performance of imagery with copy inside its ad products, with the aim of making them more relevant to the target audience.
Google's not the first to integrate Shutterstock's search capabilities into their products; previous platforms who have done so include AOL. Salesforce and Sprinklr.
“High quality images are essential to create engaging marketing for advertisers of all sizes. Shutterstock’s API has enabled a fast and seamless integration to enable Google to offer Shutterstock’s vast image library for digital advertising,” said Woojin Kim, director of product management at Google.
- » Why personalised UX requires a new marketing mindset
- » Gone in six seconds: Getting the balance right between viewability and message in short form ads
- » Exploring the untapped opportunity of the 'transaction moment'
- » How to unlock your brand’s visual identity
- » Why 'cheap traffic' costs a lot more to your business than you think