Maplin introduces expert rating and reviews online
Picture credit: Flickr
Extending upon its Ask Maplin brand marketing campaign that focused on encouraging customers to engage more with staff, in-store electronics retailers Maplin has launched an enhanced product ratings and reviews feature online.
Using the Bazaarvoice platform, customers are able to ask questions and read expert advice online as well as posting their own product reviews and review the opinions of other customers too, replicating the advice push of stores online too.
The new solution has been implemented by Greenlight Digital and builds upon the implementation of the SAP hybris commerce platform the company implemented for Maplin in November 2013. The platform has been extended to add flexible fulfilment and delivery options including same-day delivery, click and collect and personalised product recommendations.
Neil McGowan, CTO of Maplin said the solution had contributed to the strongest annual sales growth seen by the company in seven years. “We decided in 2013 that our site needed to be completely overhauled and chose Greenlight to the deliver a solution based on SAP hybris. The recent trading results show our focus on improving the Maplin product and service proposition through an enhanced web and mobile customer experience is paying off and we now have a core platform upon which we will build our future omni-channel systems to deliver an outstanding customer experience,” he said.
Maplin has more than 200 stores in the UK and Ireland and sells more than 30,000 products online – aided by features such as videos and live chat.
Digital Marketing World Forum (#DMWF) brings together the worldwide digital marketing community to tackle the challenges that the digital future presents. To find out more visit #DMWF today.
- » Consumers are understanding the risks of social media addiction – but taking the next step is hard
- » How the concept of ‘unified commerce’ helps retailers avoid the pitfalls of omnichannel
- » How digital asset management takes immersive marketing strategies to the next level
- » Wikipedia co-founder calls for social media strike to fight ‘long train’ of abuses
- » Emerging martech implementation: From AI to blockchain – augment not alter the customer experience