Is this the definitive marketing technology landscape graphic?
Lumascape kicked off the trend for bringing an entire industry together on a single graphic while others have followed too, but Scott Brinker’s latest offering adds some vastly improved organisation to this bustling industry.
Brinker’s marketing technology supergraphic manages to incorporate almost 2,000 different companies without ever looking too chaotic. It is no mean feat given how his annual project has grown from the 947 companies that slotted into last year’s edition.
The breathtaking growth rate of the marketing technology industry is not slowing, with Brinker, who also finds the time to be Ion Interactive’s co-founder, president and CTO, saying that this growth is bringing altogether new challenges for marketers and their clients.
“The real challenge is changing how firms think and behave in this hyper-connected, always-on, customer-controlled digital world,” he said. “The nature of marketing has exploded from an ancillary communications function to the Grand Central Station of customer experience.”
New to this year’s graphic are five additional categories under the marketing middleware banner, including data management platforms/customer data platforms, tag management, cloud integration/ESBs and APIs.
You can check out the full marketing technology supergraphic below.
- » Kroger launches offering focusing on more precise attribution for brands and suppliers
- » How web accessibility will improve your eCommerce website’s performance
- » How marketers can stay one step ahead of the voice search trend: A guide
- » Sisca Margaretta, CMO, Experian APAC: On increasing customer expectation – for insight and privacy
- » Why market research and marketing research are very different disciplines - and how to utilise them best