will.i.am launches eyewear brand, asks for “dedication and passion”
Musician, entrepreneur and general techie will.i.am has today unveiled his eyewear brand, ill.i Optics, with a promotional video and campaign as part of the launch.
The product, created in conjunction with Australian designer George Gorrow, features a video where will.i.am is sat at a recording desk, yet cuts to various eyewear paraphernalia – will.i.am’s personal collection, spanning 20 years.
“I see a gap in the world of eyewear, and this is my instalment of what I feel is missing,” will.i.am said in a statement.
“I want this to be an honest brand – it’s about dedication and passion,” he added.
Press material accompanying the launch describes the eyewear as taking influence from vintage glasses to create a product that’s “new and fresh, progressive and timeless.” One of the key influences in the design of the product is 1980s hip hop.
will.i.am has also produced the soundtrack for the marketing campaign, described as featuring a “strong but subtle” bass line.
The former Black Eyed Peas star has many fingers in many pies when it comes to technology, being chief creative officer for 3D Systems among others.
The ill.i Optics product range is available from selected retailers as of today, with the site being launched at the same time.
You can find out more here.
- » How to deliver the experiences the CMO craves – through the systems the CIO needs
- » How advanced data analytics will continue to streamline digital marketing strategy in 2020
- » When retargeting means additional app revenue: A guide
- » Consumer-data privacy and personalisation at scale: Strategies to get it right
- » 2020 in digital marketing: From brand-based to people-based identity and privacy pushes