Bulmers goes cross-screen for pioneering UK advertising campaign
Cider brand Bulmers has unleashed its latest creative campaign with Microsoft which enables users to watch an advert piece by piece through whichever platform they are on.
The campaign, created by Starcom MediaVest, Adam & Eve DDB and We Are Social, uses technology from Microsoft called Creative Sequencing. This means that Bulmers adverts can appear on a variety of devices and platforms, from Windows 8 to MSN, Skype and Xbox 360.
This is achieved through the logging of a user’s Microsoft ID, which also helps in blocking the advert to anyone under the age of 18.
Owen Sagness, Microsoft Advertising & Online UK general manager, commented: “It’s been a great pleasure to partner with such a strong British brand, Bulmers, for the launch of our first campaign using creative sequencing in the UK.
“This new product demonstrates Microsoft’s commitment to challenging technology and innovating with new formats in order to push the boundaries of what seamless, relevant advertising across our devices and services means for brands.”
Michael Gillane, Bulmers brand director at Heineken, said that creative sequencing brings “focus and an interesting new dimension to consumer engagement”.
Microsoft launched the cross-screen targeting technique at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, with Lexus, Emirates and Telefonica among the international brands to strike partnership deals.
The campaign lasts for eight weeks. Take a look at some screenshots below:
- » Google says goodbye to the Average Position metric: What do marketers need to know from here?
- » It’s finally time to ditch the vanity metrics – and focus on these measurements instead
- » Three ways you can use Google’s tools to dominate local search
- » A whirlwind of emotions: The impact of consumer emotional states on search
- » We are at the tipping point in defeating mobile ad fraud: What more needs to be done?