Tumblr launches paid adverts for businesses
Tumblr has announced it will introduce paid advertisements for brands and businesses.
The blogging platform will sell branded blog posts under its existing ‘Radar’ function.
The tool currently showcases the most popular blog posts on the website, but will also feature the paid adverts.
Tumblr already has branded blogs, including IMB and EMI Music, but this is the first time the platform has offered a way to get content promoted.
Tumblr’s founder, David Karp, announced the new service during AdAge’s Digital Conference in New York. He said that he was an “idiot” for saying that the company was opposed to advertising back in 2010.
According to ComScore, it attracted 21.8 million unique visitors in March, equalling to over 2.5 times more visitors than the year before.
The new service will be introduced from the beginning of May this year.
- » Advanced messaging is on its way: Why brands should be excited
- » AI for programmatic is great – but tragedy shows us why human judgement remains vital
- » Content versus context: Which one really matters more for mobile advertisers?
- » The key digital marketing pitfalls tech startups need to avoid: A guide
- » Why ad agencies need to foster ‘why’ rather than ‘what’ cultures