B2B Marketing and Social Media
B2B marketing and social media go hand in hand. If you are still trying to identify how you can find leads and visibility in the B2B space social media marketing efforts should be at the very top of your to do list. B2B internet marketing comes in a variety of different flavors and it is important for all businesses to engage in some sort of social media marketing on the internet.
The days of ignoring it because you don’t understand it are no longer a viable option. These days businesses that choose to ignore social media elements lose business to other engaging organizations. Do you really want to lose business?
Here are some ways to get involved with B2B social media marketing for your own business:
Launch a blog
Your B2B business should hands down have a robust blog that is written in daily. Rich media should be incorporated into your blog writing strategy like introducing industry videos, images and any other media that can hold a reader on the page a bit longer.
Leverage that blog
Great! You have been writing in your blog, now what? You have to be willing to push those posts around so you can maximize their visibility as much as possible. Don’t assume just simply writing a post and walking away from it is going to be all you need to do.
Here are some great locations to spread your blog wings:
- Facebook fan page
- LinkedIn Wall & LinkedIn groups
- Pinterest (must have rich media in post)
Some industries might have niche locations where you can submit news and info so you might have to just take a look and see what is available.
Show personality in your efforts
There are many different B2B businesses out there, how are you going to differentiate yourself from all of them? There is nothing worse that reading company blogs that feel like they written by an old boot. Your blog is your company voice and if that voice is unique in nature your social community will share that information.
Build a community
Of course this sounds easier said than done and it can take quite a bit of time to build a strong following but you have to start at some point.
Here are some ways to build fans:
- Retweet influential Twitter accounts
- Drop a Facebook Fan Box in your blog sidewall
- Follow other like minded Twitter accounts
- Share everything you do in the social space
If you stick to it and you continue to be consistent eventually people will take notice and when I mean people I mean your targeted audience.
Create great content
Content makes the social world go round. A well written blog post your community can use to make their day easier can deliver traffic for years. The goal is to create many of these great posts and eventually you have a nice steady stream of inbound traffic roaring into the station.
- » Instagram best practice for 2020: Focus on comments in a post-like landscape – and try ‘nano-influencers’
- » Advanced messaging is on its way: Why brands should be excited
- » Where brands now sit amid Covid-19: Intimacy at scale in a time of crisis
- » How to reach local audiences with your existing content strategy: Four in-depth methods
- » Stop hurting yourself, SEO: Why the industry needs to get its house in order – quickly