How many domains are registered every day?
So we all know that thousands of new domains are bought every day and that we’re running out of IP4 addresses and so forth, but how many domains are actually being registered every day?
I came across a great website which actually shows exactly how many domains are being registered every single day. I can tell you that today, 23 September 2011, 97,388,394 .com domains have been registered, 14,168,093 .net domains and 9,457,857 .org domains have been registered. Those are some pretty amazing stats.
Here’s the table:
This isn’t the only information shown on this website, there’s all sorts of metrics that you can explore. I found it quite fascinating, hoping you will too.
- » Key areas of focus for retail advertisers in 2020: Cross-channel strategies and delivery models
- » Kroger launches offering focusing on more precise attribution for brands and suppliers
- » Why project management and communication are the secret weapons of successful agencies
- » Consumers are seeking out eco-friendly beauty brands: Exploring the rise of ‘conscious capitalism’
- » The Domino’s effect: New personalised advertising campaign sees tenfold return