How many domains are registered every day?
So we all know that thousands of new domains are bought every day and that we’re running out of IP4 addresses and so forth, but how many domains are actually being registered every day?
I came across a great website which actually shows exactly how many domains are being registered every single day. I can tell you that today, 23 September 2011, 97,388,394 .com domains have been registered, 14,168,093 .net domains and 9,457,857 .org domains have been registered. Those are some pretty amazing stats.
Here’s the table:
This isn’t the only information shown on this website, there’s all sorts of metrics that you can explore. I found it quite fascinating, hoping you will too.
- » The seven deadly vids: Video content to amplify and generate leads on social media
- » How to plan content for the digital product buyer’s journey: A guide
- » FMCG goes direct-to-consumer – but don’t expect a Tony the Tiger Facebook page any time soon
- » How to increase demand generation through your website: Optimise throughout the customer journey
- » Why advertising spend will shift as brands track sales, not clicks