Time-lapse from the International Space Station
A time-lapse taken from the front of the International Space Station as it orbits our planet at night. This movie begins over the Pacific Ocean and continues over North and South America before entering daylight near Antarctica. Visible cities, countries and landmarks include (in order) Vancouver Island, Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Fransisco, Los Angeles. Phoenix. Multiple cities in Texas, New Mexico and Mexico. Mexico City, the Gulf of Mexico, the Yucatan Peninsula, Lightning in the Pacific Ocean, Guatemala, Panama, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, and the Amazon.
Also visible is the earths ionosphere (thin yellow line) and the stars of our galaxy. Raw data was downloaded from The Gateway To Astronaut Photography of Earth “http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop/mrf.htm “.
Virtualdub was used to create the final movie and you can see more beautiful images of the world from this blog: http://infinity-imagined.tumblr.com/
- » SocialPubli: On the importance of micro-influencers and getting influencer marketing into a wider campaign
- » Brands and influencers still at loggerheads over campaign control – but progress is being made
- » Back to life: It’s the ‘new’ New Year – and a huge opportunity digital marketers overlook
- » How to define your social media strategy – in six simple steps
- » Social media users say they can spot fake news – but is their confidence misplaced?