Follow people on Facebook who aren’t your friends
There’s been a lot of debate over the main news feed you see on Facebook when you’re logged into your account. Facebook have added features like hiding people, seeing certain lists and so forth, but they’ve just announced a new feature which assists with this. Don’t forget that at the moment you can’t see people’s updates if you’re not friends with them – this is a bit of a bummer.
The announcement by Facebook tells us all about the new Subscribe button which is going to appear on friend’s profiles and with this subscribe button there are a few things you can do:
- Choose what you see from people in the News Feed
- Hear from people, even if they’re not friends
- Let people hear from you, even if they’re not your friend
On top of this, you can also choose what you want to see:
- All updates: Everything your friends post
- Most updates: The amount you’d normally see
- Important updates: Just highlights, like a new job or move, etc.
It’s quite an interesting move from Facebook, I certainly give it the thumbs up and I’m looking forward to refining my news feed over the next few days when the feature becomes available to me.
- » How Talkwalker is aiming to take social listening to the next level
- » Back to life: It’s the ‘new’ New Year – and a huge opportunity digital marketers overlook
- » Marketers should be double mobile optimising content – here’s why and how
- » We are in a tech distraction epidemic: Leadership, teamwork and coaching will help fix it
- » Social media users say they can spot fake news – but is their confidence misplaced?