Here comes FourSquare Radar
With iOS 5 being released today, iPhone application developers are once again able to unlock awesome new features in their applications. The first one to jump up with something new is FourSquare.
FourSquare have just launched a new feature called FourSquare Radar – The premise is simple, if you follow a list on FourSquare and you come close to one of the items in the list, FourSquare will popup a message and let you know – the beauty – you don’t even have to have the application open!
The version of FourSquare is 4.0 and it promises to be an awesome update. Must admit, pretty awesome to be able to know when you’re close to something that you’re specifically interested in.
Oh, and did you notice – the balls on the FourSquare logo are no longer purple, they’re green now ;)
- » Marketing and niche networks: Why people are taking refuge in intimate social media
- » Oh Snap: Snapchat launches new gaming and AR features in bid to play catch-up
- » The harm of social media validation: A question of responsibility and protecting the vulnerable
- » FMCG goes direct-to-consumer – but don’t expect a Tony the Tiger Facebook page any time soon
- » Is social video about to explode with the launch of foldable and 5G?