Social Media Stats That Will Blow Your Mind
Get ready for this!
98% of online US adults ages 18-24 are using social media!
TheNextWeb recently dissected a great social media analysis conducted by Experian which breaks down social media use by demographic, age group and networking tool of choice. We all know and understand that social media use from a business stand point is simply crucial for overall future success but it isn’t until you see the numbers in front of that allow you to understand just how important social media marketing really is.
Let’s start by taking a look at these staggering numbers:
A very interesting number to take away from this data and also the report is that the fastest growing demographic for social media use currently is the 65+ age group. It grow almost 50% in just the last few years. Now part of that can be the resilience of the baby boomer generation to adopt new social technologies but I think many are starting to realize the raw power that online social communication can bring to a business or even on a personal level.
How does Facebook stack up?
- » Is social video about to explode with the launch of foldable and 5G?
- » Boosting business competitiveness with behaviour-based marketing: A guide
- » Is Facebook’s privacy pivot all about business messaging?
- » To Google, or not to Google: Why collaboration is vital for the future digital ecosystem
- » The seven deadly vids: Video content to amplify and generate leads on social media