Android Market Sees Continued Growth
Research2guidance’s latest report, ‘Android Market Insights’, examines download patterns and the number of new applications added to the Android Market over the last few months.
US Android Users Downloaded 240 Million Apps in September 2011
The US comprised 42.3 percent of all monthly downloads in September 2011, resulting in over 240 million app downloads, whilst UK Android users downloaded 39 million apps during the same period.
October 2011: Android Market Added over 46,000 New Apps
The number of apps available on the Android Market has grown faster than ever over the last couple of months with 11,000 new apps being added to the Market every week; this compares to 7,500 during the summer months of this year.
In October 2011 alone, 46,243 apps were added to the Android Market with 21 percent of these being paid for applications, whilst on average developers charged US$3.06 per app.
- » Staying competitive in tomorrow’s retail space: Seven technologies for 2020 and beyond
- » Kroger launches offering focusing on more precise attribution for brands and suppliers
- » How web accessibility will improve your eCommerce website’s performance
- » The CMO’s blurred lines: Power without influence means innovation is needed to secure value
- » Key areas of focus for retail advertisers in 2020: Cross-channel strategies and delivery models