Social Media Bubble
There is a great deal of conversation around the social media bubble at the moment. If you have not heard already, the social media bubble is a topical debate about whether social media websites like Facebook, Groupon, Linkedin and Twitter a actually worth the values that they have been estimated at. The values are outlined in the infographic below.
The concern is that if they are overvalued then we may be repeating history when we experienced the technology bubble with many start-ups going bust after securing large start-up investment deals. Is this a valid concern or are we just getting into another stream of hype?
I discuss this in more detail here on the TomorrowToday Blog
- » IT versus marketing: Why blame culture is causing retailers’ budgets to go down the drain
- » It’s finally time to ditch the vanity metrics – and focus on these measurements instead
- » Show and sell: The art of brand storytelling through content and influencers
- » For consumer choice paralysis, conversational commerce may be the answer
- » How ‘digitally mature’ retailers can stand the test of a digital-first marketplace