Social Media Bubble
There is a great deal of conversation around the social media bubble at the moment. If you have not heard already, the social media bubble is a topical debate about whether social media websites like Facebook, Groupon, Linkedin and Twitter a actually worth the values that they have been estimated at. The values are outlined in the infographic below.
The concern is that if they are overvalued then we may be repeating history when we experienced the technology bubble with many start-ups going bust after securing large start-up investment deals. Is this a valid concern or are we just getting into another stream of hype?
I discuss this in more detail here on the TomorrowToday Blog
- » Consumers are understanding the risks of social media addiction – but taking the next step is hard
- » How the concept of ‘unified commerce’ helps retailers avoid the pitfalls of omnichannel
- » LinkedIn modifies its algorithm to create a better news feed for users
- » How Gen Z is changing the rules of social: Moving from demographics to true communities
- » Wikipedia co-founder calls for social media strike to fight ‘long train’ of abuses