What influential South Africans think about Social Media for Business
A few months ago Fuseware released a report that I was privileged enough to be a part of.
Fuseware questioned a variety of influencers from different fields in South Africa recently. The goal was to get a better picture of where South Africa, and the rest of the world, is headed in terms of social media usage in business.
One thing has become completely apparent – social media is the new wave of communication that is revolutionizing the way businesses and consumers interact. It is affecting companies of all sizes, and departments of all levels. Most prominently used in PR, marketing and customer feedback channels, social media is also beginning to slice through viral sales, market research and assisted product development.
We questioned 5 influencers related to the SA web and media on their thoughts on the business case for social media in South Africa. The opinions in the report are by:
- Arthur Goldstuck
- Jonathan Shapiro (AKA Zapiro)
- Mike Stopforth
- Mike Saunders
- Galen Schultz
- Gavin Mannion
You can download the report social media for business here.
- » Is Facebook’s privacy pivot all about business messaging?
- » The seven deadly vids: Video content to amplify and generate leads on social media
- » Is social video about to explode with the launch of foldable and 5G?
- » How Starbucks is looking to dark social for greater engagement – and how you can do the same
- » Marketing and niche networks: Why people are taking refuge in intimate social media