Crowd sourcing your music video #vaccinesvideo
Sony have come up with a digital marketing campaign, which aims to fuel the music video of The Vaccines new single called Wetsuit. The idea is fairly straight forward, but definitely something new:
The public are able to submit photographs in real-time by simply shooting and tagging with the hashtag #vaccinesvideo on Instagram. The director of the movie is going to then source all the content for the music video from what the public submit.
I’m a big fan of user generated content, I feel that it gives something a real feeling to it and you normally find that other people relate, so concepts get immediate traction.
Here’s the promo video:
- » Using emojis for business communications and boosting customer engagement: A guide
- » Why voice search is where the puck is going for digital
- » Demystifying influencer marketing: How brands can build relationships with a data-driven culture
- » NetBase: On using social listening and influencer marketing to ‘get more with less’ for campaigns
- » Instagram confirms it is hiding likes in the US: The agency and analyst perspective