Crowd sourcing your music video #vaccinesvideo
Sony have come up with a digital marketing campaign, which aims to fuel the music video of The Vaccines new single called Wetsuit. The idea is fairly straight forward, but definitely something new:
The public are able to submit photographs in real-time by simply shooting and tagging with the hashtag #vaccinesvideo on Instagram. The director of the movie is going to then source all the content for the music video from what the public submit.
I’m a big fan of user generated content, I feel that it gives something a real feeling to it and you normally find that other people relate, so concepts get immediate traction.
Here’s the promo video:
- » A guide to digital communications for cockroaches and unicorns alike
- » Marketing and niche networks: Why people are taking refuge in intimate social media
- » The harm of social media validation: A question of responsibility and protecting the vulnerable
- » The seven deadly vids: Video content to amplify and generate leads on social media
- » Oh Snap: Snapchat launches new gaming and AR features in bid to play catch-up