Is this the definitive marketing technology landscape graphic?
Lumascape kicked off the trend for bringing an entire industry together on a single graphic while others have followed too, but Scott Brinker’s latest offering adds some vastly improved organisation to this bustling industry.
Brinker’s marketing technology supergraphic manages to incorporate almost 2,000 different companies without ever looking too chaotic. It is no mean feat given how his annual project has grown from the 947 companies that slotted into last year’s edition.
The breathtaking growth rate of the marketing technology industry is not slowing, with Brinker, who also finds the time to be Ion Interactive’s co-founder, president and CTO, saying that this growth is bringing altogether new challenges for marketers and their clients.
“The real challenge is changing how firms think and behave in this hyper-connected, always-on, customer-controlled digital world,” he said. “The nature of marketing has exploded from an ancillary communications function to the Grand Central Station of customer experience.”
New to this year’s graphic are five additional categories under the marketing middleware banner, including data management platforms/customer data platforms, tag management, cloud integration/ESBs and APIs.
You can check out the full marketing technology supergraphic below.
- » How to get more out of your advertising production budgets
- » Why consumer apps are evolving, not dying – and what brands should do about it
- » Choosing the right CMS for your business: A best practice guide
- » JC Oliver: On ‘disruptive permission’ and changing the face of advertising
- » How AI allows intelligent marketers to market more intelligently