How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » Location-based services: How brands walk the fine line between clever and creepy
- » The correct use of data for marketers: Big, little, or nearly any thing in between
- » Meerkat and Periscope for brands 101: Where to go...and what not to do
- » Big data: A marketer’s best strategy for driving relevant personalised interactions
- » How Klout is shaping the conversation for brands and consumers to benefit