How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » YouTube data addition improves Lithium’s Klout
- » Retailers expected to spend $2.5 billion on IoT by 2020
- » SAP claims to reinvent CRM with new product portfolio launch
- » Employees are more social-savvy than we think – but are hindered by bad tools
- » The future beacons: Trust and engagement are key for brands