How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » The marketer’s next challenge: Seamless digital integration
- » It’s time to unleash clickstream data to turn browsers into buyers
- » How to keep up with the constantly changing world of marketing technology: A guide
- » It’s time for influence to evolve: Welcome to Influence 2.0
- » New report assesses content marketing best practices and why “age of infographics is dying”