How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » The implosion of a brand: A social media analysis of the Volkswagen emissions scandal
- » Marketers missing a trick with Instagram advertising, research reveals
- » Making social media human: 10 important tips for brands
- » How do you ensure you create a killer social brand?
- » New Salesforce tools claim to allow marketers to get closer to their customers than ever