How to Get Clients to Send You Powerful and Persuasive Testimonials!
Testimonials add credibility and proof to your promotional copy which is front and center on your website, in your sales messages, on brochures and throughout all of your business communications — which is why no marketing campaign should ever go out without a slew of ‘em.
But often your customers, although ebullient about your product or service, aren’t able to express their enthusiasm very well in writing. So what do you do?
“Give them a little help.” When they send in a ho-hum testimonial, give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. Ask them questions that will elicit specific, powerful statements worth quoting:
1. What was life like before you tried our product/service? (How bad was their breath? How bad was their financial situation? How little hair did they have?)
2. What stopped you from buying our product/service before, when you first heard of it? (Was it too expensive? Did your spouse say, “No way”?)
3. What was the ordering process like? (Was it easy to buy? How could it be improved?)
4. What’s your life like now? (You don’t just want to know the direct results of using your product/service. You want to know how it changed their life for the better.)
Ask these simple questions and you’ll get great testimonials.
An added bonus: The personal contact will strengthen your bond with your best customers. Try it today and you’ll see your perceived credibility and sales results shoot sky high!
DID YOU MISS THIS? – Learn the same million dollar secrets that have exploded the sales and lead generation efforts of giants like Agora, Boardroom, Forbes, Kiplinger and numerous others. These proven strategies will transform your marketing and grow your sales like nothing else! The Business Owner’s Creative Guide for Increasing Sales & Profitability
Here’s what others are saying:
“If you’re a marketing manager who needs to generate more qualified leads and sales with your campaigns, Richard’s ebook is a must-read. It’s packed with ideas that will help make you the rainmaker for your company. You’ll especially appreciate all the real-world examples.”
Author, The Everything Guide To Writing Copy
“Richard’s marketing insights are like a breath of fresh air. His past experience as a marketing professional in the corporate world gives him a unique perspective into the direct response model, one that can quickly turn your business into a profit center. If you’re struggling to effectively market your products and generate massive sales, you gotta read this!”
- » It’s time to unleash clickstream data to turn browsers into buyers
- » How to keep up with the constantly changing world of marketing technology: A guide
- » JC Oliver: On ‘disruptive permission’ and changing the face of advertising
- » DataSift partners with LinkedIn to take marketer insights to the next level through AI
- » New report assesses content marketing best practices and why “age of infographics is dying”