How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » How has Twitter been analysing the impact of #BlackFriday?
- » Captify: Is search retargeting the future of advertising as we know it?
- » Talking Twitter: Customer service through social media
- » One in four marketers hasn’t executed a cross-screen advertising campaign
- » Brands have only got 71 seconds to secure customer loyalty, report warns