How Social Media Affects Holiday Shopping [infographic]
With holiday shopping in full gear companies which neglected to utilize social media more than likely lost out on quite a bit of revenue. Social media marketing is not something that is a fad (yes people still think that) but rather a staple in the marketing community. The folks over at Mr. Youth put together this great infographic that describes the purchasing power behind social media in relation to holiday shopping.
This infographic discusses how brand page interaction affects holiday shopping along with family and friend social interaction as an influencer.
Some important figures to take away:
- 36% of social media users trust a brand with a social presence
- 66% of Black Friday/ Cyber Monday shoppers made a purchase because of social media
- » Pinterest expects to roll out paid ads in near future
- » Why Facebook's still left a gap for organic reach #SMWF
- » How to create a buzz-worthy social media campaign for B2B clients
- » "You've got to be liked, so don't be a d*ck": Thoughts on brand advocacy #SMWF
- » Sean Gardner: The best ways to improve social engagement #SMWF